Our new do-it-yourself site builder, powered by DudaMobile and customized specifically for GoMo users, easily converts regular websites into mobile friendly websites in five simple steps. And it allows you to add features like a click-to-call button, mobile maps and Google AdSense and Analytics. Sites that are created with the GoMo-DudaMobile tool will be hosted free for one year (value $108).
Is having mobile friendly websites really that important?
- More kids know how to use a smartphone then know how to tie their shoes!
- 4 Billion of the 6.8 Billion people on the planet, use a mobile phone. 3.5 Billion of them use a toothbrush.*
- 60% of consumers do product or service research “several times a month” via a mobile device.*
- 9 out of 10 mobile searches lead to action.*
Mobile isn’t just important, it’sÂ criticalÂ to your business success. These statistics all prove one thing, billions of people are using their mobile devices to find the products and services they want.
What is qualifies as a “mobile device”?
Anything that is mobile, and has the ability to use the internet.Â However, the most widely used “mobile device” is the cell phone or smartphone.
- Android Phone
- Amazon Kindle
- Samsung Galaxy
- Motorola Zoom
- Windows Skytab
- HP TouchPad
- Palm (are those still around?)
Yes there are more, but I think you get the point!
Do you have “mobile friendly websites”?
There are two quick ways to test…
- 1. You can check the responsiveness of your website to see how it renders (displays) in the different screen sizes available on the various tablets and phones.
- 2. You can use the GoMo testing toolÂ to see how your website renders on a smartphone.
I created a simple mobile version of my website using the GoMo Initiative, and here is what it looks like…
If you prefer, you can see a live working demo of my mobile friendly websites!
Now what? Go create your mobile site for FREE*!
The way I see it, you can do it yourself, because GoMo is really that easy to use! Or your second option,Â hire me to convert your websites into mobile friendly websitesÂ for $99.
If you are going to do-it-yourself, here are some important best practices.
- Keep it quick
- Make it easy to convert
- Simplify Navigation
- Be thumb-friendly
- Design for visibility
- Make itÂ accessible
- Make it local
If you have questions of these “best practices” use the comments, and I’ll fill you in!
So what did you decide? Do-it-yourself or Hire Me?
LOCAL CORPORATION, APRIL 2012
SEARCH ENGINE LAND, 2011
60 SECOND MARKETER, 2011